not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Saturday, January 16, 2010

haiti candle

Good morning and happy weekend dear ones. What does the sky look like where you are? Here at the Cape it is a crisp blue, as far as my eye can see. At the top of my to do list is to go for a long walk. My body needs to move, my brain needs some sunny stimulation and fresh air, my spirit needs the open sky~

I read on a few blogs yesterday that as we think of Haiti, and pray for Haiti, that we shouldn't just focus on the suffering and lack, but also hold in mind their wholeness, their healing. I really like that.

Sharing the lighting of my Haiti candle this morning.
Joining with you to hold in mind Haiti's healing, wholeness, strength, spirit, resilience.

And sharing also a Rilke poem that I can practically see written across this clear sky and feel as we all collectively BEHOLD:

The hour is striking so close above me,
so clear and sharp,
that all my senses ring with it.
I feel it now: there's a power in me
to grasp and give shape to my world.

I know that nothing has ever been real
without my beholding it.
All becoming has needed me.
My looking ripens things
and they come toward me, to meet and be met.

-Rainer Maria Rilke

No comments: