not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Yesterday at sunset, I looked around for Erik. I had just taken a shower after a few hours in the water on my board. Leo was still surfing. Ama took me around to the back of the house where Erik, Viraj, and Corporal were all sitting on empty plastic beer crates, in a little circle, cleaning kalamari. Mmm. Slimy inky business. Flies. Hot. And while the boys were not lovin' the task at hand, they were absolutely loving the brother circle, chats and questions, chuckles and giggles. 

I took a picture but don't have it loaded yet. Perhaps a future "picture of the day"....

Questions in my mind like clouds drifting towards me, getting bigger with each passing day, what are we being called to next, after this?

Today, I stretch my body on the roof and learn Sinhala kitchen words, I sit with Ama in the hammock sideways and laughing, I paddle out on my board and learn lessons from the sea about rhythm and courage, humility and patience, and pure YAAAAAAAA! I watch Leo and Erik, their faces relaxed and content, being boys and men and happy. 

The days are slipping by beautifully quickly. 
I'm loving 
every moment and 
thankful. 

1 comment:

Doug said...

"Questions in my mind like clouds drifting towards me, getting bigger with each passing day, what are we being called to next, after this?"

Make a baby...make me a grandperson!!!!

No pressure, no pressure