not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

the day after

We watched hours of Inauguration coverage on CNN last night. The commentary got to me a few times…like, who cares if Barack’s handwriting is neat or messy or what they were eating at the Inaugural lunch. It was the images of the crowds, the performances (my favorite was Pete Seeger and co….I saaaaaaang my little “this land is your land” heart out, much to the boys’ amusement), and the interviews with happy people waiting in the cold that made my heart beat fast and proud.

Obama’s speech was excellent I thought. Short-eloquent-strong-inspiring. Many people around me are wondering if Barack Obama will be…..enough for this time in history. Yes….and No…. And isn't that one of many things that feels so different this time? That it’s not ONLY about him and his people in high positions. It is also about our collective inspiration, motivation, dedication to be better, more responsible, more proactive and positive. Stepping up, not sitting back to watch. And he keeps making that point doesn't he? I pray we don't miss the opportunity, that we not get lazy in our spirit about it. We are being INVITED to participate and help in a way we haven’t in many of our lifetimes.

May each of us discover ways to contribute. May we truly and actively seek our evolving purpose. May we find new and different and better ways to live our days. I hold in my mind the perfect unfolding.

“Be the change you wish to see in the world.” Mahatma Gandhi

No comments: