not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Sunday, April 20, 2008

The birds are calling me out into the day but I sit reading, wanting to finish my book. Only 50 more pages...but I give in...the birds are right, the sky is too beautiful to stay in any longer.

Soon I'll go out, to the gym, to the office, maybe to the grocery store if I'm really motivated. The air is heavy. Some clouds, some sun. Feels like it wants to rain, maybe later tonight. A few laps in the pool is going to feel good in this heavy heat. 

I have a colleague from Washington arriving first thing tomorrow morning to help do a review of the project I've been working on. She'll be here for the week. I think I'll just peek into the office and "organise" myself a little for her arrival. She is someone I've worked with for over 6 years and I haven't seen her since we came to Sri Lanka. It'll be nice to have someone from the "home office" see what I've been doing here for the past few years. It'll also be nice to see her. She'll be staying with us too so we'll have a good mix of work time by day and friendly catch-up in the evenings.

Leo's coming back from the beach sometime today. His arm rash is going away and he got some surfing in despite choppy conditions. It's never wise to keep a fish out of the water too long, I'm glad he was able to soak himself in the salty sea.

So, off I go, into this blessed day, thanks to the birds. 

Enjoy your Sunday~



No comments: