not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Life in Lanka

Falling in love over and over again with big old ancient trees that spread peacefully above the complexities. Sometimes I hold my breath and other times I stretch my lungs breathing so deeply the spicy pungence of lanka~
The jarring sounds of the buses speeding by like killing machines rattle my brain, add plumes of fumes and my head-aches for days. Wrinkled faces squinting peaceful smiles seeing the fellow Bodhi in me while others stare my skin from white to red as I keep walking.
Learning the local way of calling people Auntie, Uncle, Older Sister, Older Brother, Little Sister, Little Brother and being called these things makes me feel warm inside and my shoulders relax, I sit back, my brow unfurls into a smile.

No comments: