not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

a week of gatherings


My great uncle, Lowell Tieszen, passed away late last week. His funeral was on Monday morning in South Dakota. Many gathered in memory and celebration of his life and positive vibe. He was 88 beautiful years old. An April 16th baby. Blessings.....Growing up I saw him about once a year. I remember his lap growing smaller as his belly... and I grew bigger. He never called me by my normal name but always a variation like Siraah and Sar-ee-ai. I remember his laugh. I can picture his happy face. He and my Gram have the same face. He and my Gram were good friends and siblings. I love that.....I love that.

And so it will be a week of gatherings for my family....In two days, my cousin Rebecca will marry Scott (who reminds me of Frodo) and even though we're 1/2 a world away, we're thinking of them and all the loving souls that are gathering in the name of their love. We are there in spirit.

Peace be with you all~
Sara & Leo

No comments: