not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Friday, July 16, 2010

Moon Crew


The past several days, we have risen, worked, and slept according to the rhythm of the tides. 4, 5, 6am tides have given us the opportunity to be up and out there at first light/sunrise/silent morning. Wednesday, was the longest tide of the year which meant we had lots of time to work before the tide turned and the water rushed in. Sealife drifts in with the tide, weeds of different shapes and colors, pipe fish, spider crabs.

We wade back to shore with our crates in our arms. Heavy. I am thankful for my strength and my strengthening.

Sitting at home tonight, the wind is blowing. The windows and doors are open and I smell the sea and that blisses me out.

1 comment:

della said...

Thinking of you two 'early birds' out there on the morning tide. The world must look quiet at that time of day.