not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Houseboat, Kentucky Part 1

The last week of June, our family hung out together on this houseboat touring around on Lake Cumberland in Southern Kentucky. I didn't take many pictures because everyone else was but here are a few Leo snapped over those few days:

Top deck: 1st little mate (Brooklynn), Capt Uncle Bud, and me

We pulled a few kayaks and canoes behind the houseboat and when we were stopped for the evening, a few of us would take side trips, exploring neighboring coves. This is my niece Hailey and I coming back from one such excursion.

Aunt Della made sure we had plenty of margarita fixins for the weekend.
It felt good to have a little time with my sis!
Lake Cumberland is long and winding with many coves so we enjoyed a lot of solitude. The silent beauty of the lake was all around us. By day and by night. Eva and I slept up on the top deck Saturday night to the song of a whip-o-will and the light of the full moon. The sunrise on Sunday morning was gentle heaven stretching itself over and around us. Sacred moments. It was nice to be in that setting with my family remembering my Dad.
It was hot and humid that weekend so we spent just as much time in the water as on the water.

So thankful for the family time, reconnecting with everyone and spending time with our nieces who are changing and growing and becoming more and more themSELVES, beautiful flowers every one.

Blessings abound.
Aunt Della and Uncle Bud made it all possible so a big thank-you to them from all of us.

1 comment:

della said...

I treasure every moment we all have together. Wonderful memories for all. I am so glad that you were able to come again this year. It is always a pleasure to spend precious time with family.