not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rambling on a Saturday morn'


A few days ago I went to the home of Joan, a local artist and friend, to see her most recent creation. A familiar scene in Truro of the cottages on Corn Hill. An exercise in lighting and perspective. I was lovin' all the artwork on the walls...some hers, some not. Tubes of paint, brushes, canvases.

Cape Cod, and perhaps the Outer Cape even more so, is adorned with characters that don't fit the mold. Funky, eccentric, creative Beings doing life in colorful ways. It is inspiring and liberating to the mind to be here....observing, listening, taking it all in. I feel like I am among kin, and teachers. Down to my bones, I am thankful that it exists.

Save the Crows, Save the Plovers, Save the Dolphins too. Two days ago there was a major stranding down the road from our house. 16 dolphins off Lieutenant Island. I called the stranding folks yesterday to see if they needed extra hands. They had it under control but asked that we do a little "reconnaissance" in our neighborhood bay/creek. Leo and I walked down at low tide and saw no new ones, thank goodness. I'll go down again as the tide goes out today to check. Hoping for no new sightings...

It's raining today and that's a good thing. Spring is happening---to everything. So rain rain, quench the thirst of all this lovely effort, rain. Tender tips of daffodil greens are poking through the soil, and buds are swelling at the tips of the lilac bush. I am lovin' this prego-landscape. Other than checking for dolphins later, I am spending the day inside. Tending to loose ends around the house, finishing projects that have laid half done in the midst of our eventful week. There is so much in the "air" right now.....It'll feel good to tend to tangible things. That and watch some good 'ole college basketball cuddled up cozy with blankets :)

Happy weekend everybody!

3 comments:

della said...

OH, it has been a week, saving dolphins, new job prospects, saying good-bye to the farm, and waiting. Spring is trying to arrive here too. The snow is melting and the sap is running for maple syrup. 'To everything there is a season'

della said...

I forgot to mention that I really like this painting. You have good tastes in artwork. The artwork on your walls there in Cape Cod is pretty nice too. Are you doing any painting in your weekend of waiting???

MountainWave said...

I am doing a little painting but not that kind. I hope to though. I'm feeling inspired lately...