not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

today's the day

The time has arrived. We leave for Sri Lanka today!! Of course, as many of you suspect, we have lots to do before we leave the house in a few hours.

A few articles of clothing, some books, cards and my journal, a few gifts, a puzzle, my yoga mat. Seeing what people pack would be a fascinating study....Everyone is different in how they pack and what they "can't live without", be it for a few days or weeks or months or years...I think that is so interesting.  Leo's backpack, Erik's, and mine are all different. (Erik isn't leaving quite yet but...he's ready!)

It is so gorgeous outside right now. I look out to an absolutely stunning winter scene. It is still but for a fine dust of snow falling, adding more silence and miracle to the moment...I am thankful for having gotten some winter-time in this year. It has felt great to walk in the snow and cold, icecold face and warm body. Makes me feel ALIVE. Especially when the sun is out, reflecting off of the white. Mmmm! Thanks Michigan for a good show. And for such a pretty send-off today. It's been so good to be home.....I'm savoring this feeling right now, of sitting in Mom's kitchen. I am so thankful for all the time life has allowed us to spend with our precious family and friends state-side. I wouldn't mind making a habit of this.

We arrive in Hikka on Friday. So, until our next blog:
Love you all, 
keep us in your prayers for safe journey. 

Blessings~  Sara & Leo

1 comment:

Doug said...

Hope you arrived safely. Sorry I didn't get to say bonvoyage...