not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Sunday, February 17, 2008

17th night

I am back in Colombo tonight, gearing up for work in the morning. Mom and Tina left at the end of last week after an amazing and wonderful visit. I feel stoked with love and positive energy. After dropping them off at the airport, Leo and I bee-lined it back to the beach. A good place for tender hearts.

On the way to Hikkaduwa, we picked up the first of the shop furniture and stuck it in the back of Big Daddy's van. It was a working weekend of sanding the walls, cleaning the windows, washing surfaces, forging for plywood, building tabletops. Friends helped. As our friend Asanka has been known to say, "I have a beautiful feeling".....I had a beautiful feeling working as a team, a family, a TRIBE in the direction of a dream.

Big Daddy arrived in Hikka today around 2pm with the van just as I was having a last minute plate of Ama's rice and curry. Back to Colombo. It's night time now. I'm unpacked, I watched the birds and the sunset on the porch with a glass of wine. Caught up a bit on email, blogs, news and it's getting to be bedtime. It'll be a cram-packed week. On Friday, I counted the number of weeks I have left on the job....16. Lots to do between now and then on many many levels.

I'll post pictures tomorrow and in the coming days.

Congratulations to a newly independent Kosova. Several friends come to mind tonight as I read about the celebrations going on in Pristina and surely in many other places in the world.

Blessings to you where you are, and the new week ahead of us all.
May we continue to trust in the perfect unfolding~

1 comment:

Doug said...

Sara, I get a feeling of comfort and peace and grounding from you like I have from no other, no other than my dear Mama...we are remembering Granmama who passed four years ago yesterday and will turn 80 years tomorrow.