not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Sunday, August 05, 2007

BREATHE

this morning i awoke
twisted in the sheet
pillows over and around me
i sat up with a start looking at the clock
i was late for the Line
i had to leave
my heart raced tripping over my sleepy mind

i looked over
my husband
breathing deep
his face, Complete Peace
BREATHE

the (front) Line
a (bad) dream destination

i sank back down into the pile of pillows
BREATHE

i rolled over and watched my husband's back
BREATHE

the reality of the awake morning
free of that particular duty, or any other
a slowness of the most relaxed kind spread into my bones
BREATHE

awake, eyes again closed, i sent my purest blessing (BREATHE) to those
who do go to the Lines today, awake afraid
the morning's reality, somewhere.

No comments: