not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

a little rose ash

i had myself a little ash wednesday service on the cool tile floor of our hot bedroom, with candles, the book of common prayer, leo's bible, a glass of wine and 2 bran crackers. I burned the dried rose petals from my valentines day roses from leo, crushed them in a small dish and smudged my forehead. i heard the voice of Father John, and remembered my journeying sister friend Emily, and sensed many others as I spoke aloud the liturgy of the day. a heavy silver cross from Ethiopia from Carol in DC hangs around my neck from a green ribbon from Eva in Michigan, over my Buddha Rocks t-shirt...i noticed that as I looked in the mirror to smear my ash, and it made me smile at my life and my path and it called to mind the Tolkien quote,
not all who wander are lost...

a meaningful little time ending with this good prayer:

"Send us now into the world in peace, and grant us strength and courage to love and serve you with gladness and singleness of heart " Amen~

No comments: