not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

In the Weeds

From that brief moment in time that found me waiting tables in Texas, I borrow a phrase. In the weeds refers to being so busy that tasks are piling up and if you don't ask for help, you'll start to have some problems (in a restaurant, a server is in the weeds when she/he has too many tables at once, people are starting to get antsy waiting for their xyz). Well, it's been a long long time since Texas but turns out this phenomena of being in the weeds followed me outta there. A predictable state if one considers  that somehow in the past six months, I gave birth to and became a mother of twins AND graduated from a Masters program, and by somehow I mean I had amazing help and support from the Tribe, esp Leo, Mom, and Joyce and Georgia. 
I'm realizing that this in the weeds business is a life lesson for me...specifically it is in the asking for help. It does not come natural but I am learning that it is a necessary part of living a healthy balanced love filled grace filled life. Often people rise to these occasions with such willingness that blessings flow into the relationship that would ordinarily not have as much opportunity to develop. Love is truly a verb. Needing others opens the door for them to share their gifts. It feels good to be needed, it feels good to give in a meaningful way. O, that I may remember this! And for those times that I ask and the answer is a disgruntled or pouty yes, or even a no...may I not be deterred, my lesson is in the asking. By asking, I am identifying and honoring my needs for balance and health.  Oh the art of living...how simple and yet..
Blessings to the journey~

1 comment:

della said...

I understand your 'in the weeds' comments. Sometimes, even when I am not 'in the weeds' and am just coasting through my life here, I do understand the need to be needed. That is the thing I miss most about not teaching. Being needed is a good feeling, even if it is overwhelming sometimes like being needed by those around you like the babies and just life. Sometimes the 'weeds' are flowers too.