not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Friday, September 30, 2011

happy fridayyyy



Happy Friday and there is a clear sky after a night of rain. Sheets are in the wash to hang out in the morning sun before work. Sunkissed sheets, on the list of my favorite smells. I am behind in my school work, I am behind in my chores, but I am present to this morning and I have been present to the people around me this week. All in all it's been a good week. I found a Mary Oliver poem this morning that I think some of you might appreciate, as I did through nods and mmm's and yesssses~

Blessings to your weekend, for goodness of the good-est kind~

Ocean by Mary Oliver

I am in love with Ocean
lifting her thousands of white hats
in the chop of the storm,
or lying smooth and blue, the
loveliest bed in the world.
In the personal life, there is

always grief more than enough,
a heart-load for each one of us
on the dusty road. I suppose
there is a reason for this, so I will be
patient, acquiescent. But I will live
nowhere except here, by Ocean, trusting
equally in all the blast and welcome
of her sorrowless, salt self.

-Mary Oliver

1 comment:

Hey Monkey Butt said...

Lovely indeed. Hope your weekend was awesome!