not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

International Women's Day

Today is International Women's Day. So many options for posting today. So many women who have and continue to inspire me on my life journey. Women in my own family, in my friendships, in my work-life here in this country and in Norway, and Haiti, Sweden and Sri Lanka, Costa Rica, and England, Bulgaria, Indonesia, India, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Switzerland, Vietnam, China, Myanmar, Tunisia, Egypt, and Libya, Afghanistan, Germany, Brazil....voices and echoes, present and past...thank you for living your life out loud, guided by love and light.

Tonight I'm joining with a few of my classmates for an evening of women's poetry, stories, and music at the Harwich Library to celebrate International Women's Day. The theme, Women's work in ending war. I am so syked that this event is happening, and that I have some amazing women to celebrate with!

What I've decided to post today is a message that I wish all girls and women, young and old, could soak deep into their being. A contemporary counter to yesterday's post, and much more personal. It is a simple expression of self-love and acceptance and the beauty that emanates from that. India Arie helping to spread the vibe of LOVE and LIGHT on this Women's Day:

(I'm also posting this song for myself. I have an interview at 1pm for my social work fall placement. Prayers welcomed, and I will be bringing India's self-love vibe with me into that place!)

3 comments:

Hey Monkey Butt said...

Good luck! Happy International Women's Day! :)

Sara said...

Thanks Doria!! Bless-ed sister vibes to you this day~

della said...

I am woman hear me roar.