not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

this Christmas-time

The rushing push and restive pull of Christmas, like the tide but I am not yet so graceful. I am loving the early twilight, the late dawn. I am sleeping more. I am creating. I am listening to music. I am loving the time and space created by the darkness. I am also ridiculously behind. And then...grace. Kind of like a wedding....there are all the trimmings of the event, but there is only one thing that really needs to happen. Same with Christmas. If the only thing that happens is that I am present to the season, present to Leo and Zach and Julie, to my Elder, to MG, and other friends and family, Resting and being Peace, smiling Love, hugging Joy...it will be what it is meant to be.

Here on the outer cape there are less cars, less people...down to the local core now. Last night we had the absolute pleasure of being a living breathing clapping smiling part of that small core at the annual Christmas concert of the Wellfleet Concert Band. Leo and I sat side by side with a cast of local characters, watching friends make music. Being Community, a beautiful feeling. Showing up for each other, with each other. Yes yes yes. I like this small town and I'm loving this Christmas-time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to be there...it'l come when the time is right. I am happy to know you are there and enjoying that precious community. Mom

One Way Truck Rental said...

great blog...

della said...

Did you play any music at your local concert. Don't forget to let them know you have musical talents too. I am glad you are enjoying the pleasures of a small community.