not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wisebodies

Our bodies are constantly speaking to us. Wisdom inherent in our very cells about what we need to be well. Lately, I've been totally ignoring my body's messages. Overriding wisdom with wanting. My body tells me that I need a break from caffeine but come morning, I want my coffee. And so another day goes by, another week, another month...

Last week I decided it was time. I chose the full moon to start a cleanse. Nothing extreme. Intuitive and gentle. Just LISTENING to what I need. Letting my body guide me.

It's been 6 days today. No caffeine, meat, or alcohol. Raw food. Whole grains. Lots of water. The break feels good. I sip hot water with honey and lemon in the morning and while that might not sound too exciting, it's exactly what my body needs and therefore tastes like heaven. Don't get me wrong, my first cup of coffee is going to taste like heaven too after this break is over but until then, I'm savouring my gentle brew.

Blessings to our wise bodies~

1 comment:

della said...

How bad were the headaches? It is always a good idea to listen to your body and it is alos good for the soul.