not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Leo and I are culling oysters these days. Culling means scraping the outside of the shells to clear them of barnacles and other oysters. Several thousand a day. Aiaiai. My left hand is swollen this morning. The last two nights we've staggered in the door, straight into the bathtub. Shiver-cold, SORE, and crampy-tired but happy as larks. We are lovin' being outside all day and learning a bit about the business. Today is day 3 of 5 and I cringe a little when I think of the physical day ahead but once we get moving it'll be fine. It's supposed to be a beautiful day.

In other news, my pocket has taken to calling people. All on its own. I'll be sitting or standing, tending to the events of my day and suddenly I'll hear a voice coming from my jeans. I'll grab my phone and sure enough, a call is being made. Pocket! Stop doing that! So, if you get a call and I'm not talking on the other end...you'll know you're talkin' to my pocket.

Have a blessed day everybody.

No comments: