not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

the Great Wind that fills our sails

I have a job interview today. Live-in person at 1pm. I haven't appeared professional in almost two years. Take that sentence anyway you want and it'll be true. What to say and how to say it, eh--not a problem.  What to wear is the issue. Leo'll be my coach on that one. He holds the "appropriate dress" compass in our couple-hood (unless it's "staying warm in cold weather," then gimme that compass).  I remember many a morning in DC, we'd be getting dressed for work and he'd look over at me and just shake his head, "Nooooo Saraaaaa, you can't wear that to work." And I'd know he was right. I tend to dress down. Especially in extreme temperatures.  My Birks with wool socks to your pumps with nylons. It's just how I roll. But, if I must dress up, I do better when I'm not in a rush. So today, I have plenty of time to ponder and get comfortable in my proffy-threads.

I'm open to any scenario that steers us towards the Highest Good and since I don't know what that is.....just gotta trust in the Great Wind that's fillin' our sails. It'll be Leo's turn to interview on Friday. That's for a completely different scenario. "Highest Good" is the mantra. Wish us well.

10 comments:

Christi Gast said...

Keeping you in our hearts today.

Eva Schoon said...

Take picture of yourself before you leave...and send my way!

MountainWave said...

Mama Gast: Thanks for your positive vibes
Eva: I will and thanks for your phone text and prayers

Bennett and Graves said...

Sara, as a life long member of the office-squad we seem to be in a "less is more" era. How many pairs of nice black pants can a woman own? Plenty. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

adding my breath to the Wind.

Any office would be lucky to have both or either one of you.

Praying for a good match for all involved.

Love, Em

Doug said...

I read too late to wish you good luck, although I know you'll get the gig. By now we should know something about how it went. Good luck to Leo on Friday!!

della said...

I already wished you good luck this morning. I hope it went well. I'm sure that you were terrific. Good luck to Leo this Friday too. You both have a lot to offer any workplace. I'd like to see a picture of you too if you took one. Snap one of 'the man' on Friday if he will let you.

Anonymous said...

Go sara & leo.....May the highest good prevail for you both..I know it will the moms

KJBB said...

Sara - is this for what I think it's for? Can't wait to hear how it went. Nancy Campbell asked if Leo will apply for a finance job there. :) I know you WOWed them. Let's talk after they've offered you the job...I'm just working on the "everything you'll need to know after five years and lots and lots of money you know where" guidebook.

MountainWave said...

Everybody, thanks for your good wishes! It went very well (I think). I felt like I went in there with all of you :) Little tribe had my back.

Gayle: I should probably go out and buy myself a pair of nice black pants? (smile) Thanks for the good wishes!

KJB: Nope. Not that one. I don't think they move that fast. I'll take the rest of this comment off comment-city and into an email.