not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Birds do it, bees do it...

Spring is close at hand folks. I know it's a little hard to believe when you look out your window and see snow covered driveways, slushy streets, five foot high snow drifts but when I looked out of my window yesterday, guess what I saw? A pair of bluebirds gettin' jiggy in the trees. Bluebirds! Doin' it! Oh the reverie!

Yesterday morning sighting, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...First of all, bluebirds are awesome if for no other reason than they are spectacularly BLUE. Second of all, bluebirds are not very plentiful, making a sighting quite special indeed. Third, there were two. Fourth and finally, what isn't fabulous about spring-time frolicking even if it's birds and since it IS birds, that means nest-building and egg-laying is just around the corner...

Oh my. I've got work to do...



"Birds do it, bees do it-
I hear even Boston beans do it,
let's do it, let's fall in love..."



1 comment:

della said...

Ah, the bluebird of happiness. I don't quite know the story behind that phrase but it seems to work here on many levels.