not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Once upon a time, Emily gave me a book called The Holy Longing by Ronald Rolheiser. I loved it. So much so that I went through the bibliography and took notes of the material used to create what I had just read. In going through my Dad's books over Christmas, I found a book by the same author called The Shattered Lantern. Needless to say, I was pretty excited at the discovery. Finding that book was like a conversation in and of itself with Dad....

I brought it with me to the Cape. I haven't gotten very far in it but I think at its essence, it's about the importance of contemplation.

from The Shattered Lantern:

"When we stand before reality self-preoccupied we will see precious little of what is actually there to be seen. Moreover, even what we do see will be distorted and shaped by self-interest."

C'est vrai~
And so the conversation continues...

3 comments:

emily said...

Thank you for this...thank you, thank you.

Yes.

Eva Schoon said...

I am anxious to hear more....

Went to the mission store today...gifts delivered with love.

della said...

There are little reminders of David all around us. I gave the pair of shoes to Leo. They fit him quite well and he said that they were comfortable.
A beautiful post today Sara, words to live by.