not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm nearing the end of the Shattered Lantern (the book about contemplation by Ronald Rolheiser). A particularly inspiring passage bringing me back to the computer, back to the blog for more sharing. Oh how clumsy I am at this art of living and how thankful I am for these little lights along the path:

The Shattered Lantern, pg. 192: "...touching the nerve of novelty, purging ourselves of the illusion of familiarity, and learning to see things as if seeing them for the first time...deliberately and consciously, make the attempt to purge ourselves of all traces of cynicism, contempt, and of every attitude, however subtle and unconscious, which would identify mystery with ignorance."

Yes. Yes. Yes...

2 comments:

Eva Schoon said...

nice to have you "back"

emily said...

Sister, I love all the things you've shared from this book so far. Thanks for keeping the quotes coming.