not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Friday, June 05, 2009

My mind is sometimes quiet but this morning lots of things are mixed into the present silent moment. Thoughts of Sri Lanka, the President's awesome speech from Cairo yesterday, Gram & Gramps, Tiennamen Square, the trial for the American journalists in North Korea, dad. The thing I do then, when I have lots on my mind, is walk. The wide open sky and the tall trees, there's so much more space and wisdom up there than in my cramped and cluttered mind. As I walk I send prayers up, letting them go one by one like heartfelt spiritfilled balloons rising....

It is a milky grey sky today. I push my hands deeper into my pockets, it must be around 60F this morning. When I get back to the house, I fill the birdbath and check in with all the little things growing around the house. Everyday things look a little different. So much beautiful effort to celebrate. Tulips and daffodils have handed the flowering over to daises, perfect little sunshines and the roses, shyly but surely unfolding their luxury. 


Verbena ballerinas, tiaras held high...


I hope I see the fox today. I'll keep quiet and watchful. She's busy feeding her little fuzzballs I would guess. What a thrill it would be to see them...

What we have seen are Baltimore Orioles and Eastern Bluebirds in the trees, so bright and rare you can't help but stop and watch and let precious awe take over.

Amen to it all, the birds and daises and prayers of the heart. And with that I wish you a good walk and a good day there where you are...

No comments: