not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Egg Lady

The list of reasons I love the Outer Cape grows with everyday. One of those reasons is the Egg Lady. The way it works when I need eggs: I drive down a small winding dirt road overlooking Cape Cod Bay, past lobster traps, down the hill, up the clamshell driveway, pass the chicken coop (I always wave), and up to the house. The garage is always open and inside is a little fridge with a can on top for your money. I love it all. I get to see the chickens who lay my eggs. There is always ONE carton of eggs in that fridge which is just enough...there's a lesson in that for me which is....there really is always enough. Everything is on the honor system and it seems to work just fine. Who knew it was possible to feel so good buying eggs! I've never met the Egg Lady but I like her style. 

Just in case she's reading I gotta say it....thanks~

No comments: