not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Colombo

On the way back from the airport the other night, I received a text from my friend Patrick in Colombo saying that he was laying in bed and hearing mortars and shooting all around.

In Colombo?! I texted back. I had just driven through Colombo, Kristin’s plane had taken off a few hours before.

Yes sweetie.

Any idea what’s going on?

No idea…


As soon as I reached Why Not, we turned on the news and saw that the LTTE had flown into Colombo with 2 planes and the shooting that Patrick heard was a back and forth between the Government military and LTTE in Colombo city airspace. This happened once before in April 2007 over our house….memories.

Kristin’s flight had left well before the shannanigans. Thankfully…

Sad things happening in this country. I hold this awareness of tragedy and suffering. Sometimes it feels strange to be here and not there helping, doing something…..

I pray positive vibes in the mornings, and then I enter into my day, where I am, at the beach, feeling far away from it all, and connected to it somehow too. Practicing peace where I am, practicing….because I need practice. Honoring this restful refueling time in preparation for whatever is next for us.

I picture the red blessed threads weaving before me, showing me the way, the next steps…

No comments: