not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

like Christmas~

Despite a late night last night, we were up super early this morning. As soon as our eyes were open, Leo and I exchanged an exhuberant look, Leo sat up in bed, arms shot straight up in the air, close-fisted, victory pose, big smile. Today's the day! I have butterflies in my stomach, a double wide smile on my face, more energy than I know what to do with....It feels like Christmas! It's the day our country chooses a new leader.

Leo and I flew from St. Thomas to Tampa last night. I'm syked to be with my sister Alexis today. We walked to the poles together this morning, pre-7am and the lines were already wrapped 1/2way around the building. The mood in the lines was pretty somber and tense which kept me from shouting CONGRATULATIONS and hugging everyone who exited the building with their I VOTED sticker on, which I felt like doing. The voter turnout is inspiring...I did congratulate a few people, and clobbered Alexis with a big hug as she came out of the building. Since I voted a few weeks ago, I had some time to wander around while Alexis was inside. I took pictures of people in line, old and young, one in military uniform, pictures of yard signs, of the flag hoisted high, waving its hope and promise above an inspiring beautiful diversity of American patriots, waiting in line to make a difference.

I am so proud today. I refuse to give in to nervous energy. Instead, I put all of my energy into hoping and believing that the majority of people in this country will vote for the candidate who represents our highest good as individuals, as families, as communities, as a nation among nations. Barack Obama has my vote, I shout it loud and proud, with confidence and exhuberance.

I just read our friend Charlie's blog, and I'd like to share a few lines with you....


"The feeling I have is a mix of euphoria and fear. The feeling you get just before getting married, or graduating, or Christmas. For the first time in a long, long time I don't have the words to describe my feelings. I'll try my best not to jinx this, but I have the utmost belief that we'll prevail tomorrow and that our nation will once again be seen as a symbol of what's right in the world, not what's wrong."

Amen to that Chaz.

No comments: