not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

JUBILATION! like FIREWORKS inside, shimmering big loud beautiful joy. I am SO PROUD this morning, of the choice we made as a country by electing a new President of the United States of America, Mr. Barack Obama.

I celebrated last night with Leo, Alexis, and friends, and we texted and exchanged calls with several loved ones around the world. About 20 minutes before Obama's victory speech, my Uncle Mark called me from Minneapolis to congratulate me. I'm almost certain that my uncle did not vote for Obama, and I know he is apprehensive about what's ahead, yet the significance of Obama's win moved him to call and share the moment with me.

And so it is that the moments of a new age begin to unfold. Jubilation, apprehension, a deep desire for positive change, and a recognition of the profound significance of this election.



I look forward to the continued unfolding...to the relief and healing and progress I believe is coming. May we join Barack Obama, to help bring about the changes we need in this country. May we join with each other, crossing our lines of difference and diversity, creatively and mindfully weaving our way forward through the many obstacles and challenges we face.

With a triple-wide smile and a heart full of pride, I wish you a great happy new day there where you are.

Peace and love in all directions,
S&L

1 comment:

Christi Gast said...

yes we can, yes we will