not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Enjoying this quiet time, taking in the beautiful surroundings, visiting the ocean a few times each day.

The surf has been pretty good from the tropical storms brewing off the eastern coast of the United States. First Bertha, which generated fun waves from Florida all the way north to Cape Cod, Massachusetts; and now we've got our hopes set on the storm named Cristobal. Perhaps he'll churn up some fun sets over the coming days. Leo's been surfing. I've stayed on the beach so far but this morning I threw my wetsuit in the car, just in case.

I've been watching the sky a lot. Sunset, dusk, stars, early misty mornings.
"If the light of a thousand suns suddenly arose in the sky, that splendour might be compared to the radiance of the Supreme Spirit."
--from the Bhagavad Gita, the great spiritual poem from c. 500BC. I have spent the past few days reading it, enjoying it. Beautiful beautiful.


Today we spoke with Gayathiry through Skype on the computer. It was like magic to hear her voice fill the room. I'm still smiling. I was happy to hear that she is doing well, very busy and handling it with grace. We made a deal today, that by January she'll learn to swim (so we can teach her to surf! step by step, no?) and I will learn some Tamil. Let's see how dedicated these sisters can be over the next few months. What a precious gift to have spoken with her today.


That's all from us for now. Have a blessed day.
Holding you in our thoughts and prayers,
S&L

No comments: