not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Monday, March 12, 2007

in the classroom

Today in the classroom I sat against the wall with a view out the window to the mountains. Drinking in the freshness, the majestic stature of giants, the stark colors of sky and snow. It was an interesting day of learning and listening. I'm thankful for the opportunity to be here, to meet other people who do the kind of work I'm doing, to learn from each other.

I am with people from many different countries. It makes for strange and creative moments with language, with words. I love that. Sometimes meaning is lost, but other times it comes with more tangibility than I could ever imagine to express. It inspires me and makes me want to jot things down, weave them into a poem or future prose or just nod and smile and appreciate people.

I am thinking of Gram & Gramps traveling back to Sioux Falls today after a meaningful visit to Michigan. Safe travels and happy homecoming.

I'm off to sleep....I get to crawl under a duvet!! Cold nose and warm toes, just the way I like it.

Sweet dreams

2 comments:

emily said...

love reading about this...sounding like you're in your element.

soak it up sister.

sweet, chilly dreams.

em

Aunt Della said...

drink in those mountains and fresh air. Listen to the sounds of language. Maybe a book inside you some day.