not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

Saturday, January 13, 2007

the in-between

i lay in bed in the quiet dark, it's about 4 am in colombo. the rest of the city sleeps but everything in me is awake and pounding to the rhythms of home. we made it back safely yesterday and although we knew we should try to stay awake until night, we just couldn't. we gave in, sleeping through the afternooon, evening, and into the night. it is in-between night and morning now...a quiet transition...the dark allows me this place, the in-between. to miss my people. to feel what i feel. my time of transition before truly arriving.
~
the call to prayer just started. echoing off the buildings and drifting over the trees, the first voice of this day, meeting me where i am. the breeze kicks up softly, "as thy day, so shall thy strength be"

amen

1 comment:

Doug said...

Daaanng, woman, I feel your heart! When you pined after your baggage I felt your pain, but the way you describe re-entry to 'Lanka Land', makes me feel your heart.
Papa